Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finding Time to Write

Clock by Darren Hester Creative Commons


Mucho thanks to Michael for sending me this link. I have a big project I'm working on and sometimes it feels overwhelming. But I perked right up after I read this advice from Tom Monteleone on how to find time to write a book.

My favorite tidbit - don't try to make up pages if you miss a day because then you defeat the purpose of doing it in managable segments. Work piles on and you give up again. So three pages a day it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this! I'm setting up a writing routine this summer. It won't be novel writing, but it's writing!

zeldadg said...

Yep. The only way my brain can think of writing these days is in small bits.

Let me know how your summer writing goes. Have fun.