Monday, February 9, 2009

The Best Break-Up Letter Contest

Many of us have certain feelings about Valentine's Day that resemble the white hot loathing of a thousand suns burning into infinity. Nuff said? Some of you got a sense of my opinion last year.

This feeling has apparently trickled into the younger generation if this little Valentine shin dig is any indication. I'm totally stealing their contest idea. I will award a $10 Amazon e giftcard to the person who writes the best fake break-up letter.

Judging will be done by me and whatever minions I deem fit. It will be totally arbitary and capricious, so be warned. If you are one of those people who complains about the outcome of a contest, don't enter mine. I reserve the right not to award a prize if I get fewer than five entries. I will award a winner based on creativity, humor, and the ability to do a triple back flip.

Enter by leaving a comment on this email by midnight central time on February 14. How long does the letter need to be? Well, that depends on how long it takes to deliver your angst to your pretend soon-to-be-ex sweetie. I will post the winner whenever the hell I feel like it, but probably within a week of the contest ending. The winner should then send me the email address they want the e-card sent to.

Email me at triciagrissom@gmail.com if you have questions.

No comments: