Monday, February 25, 2008

The Complete Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice last night. I loved it. Again. Colin Firth and those emotive brown eyes. Sigh.

Then I scurried over to my bookshelf to reread the titillating sequel Darcy Takes A Wife by Linda Berdoll. It's the erotic romance version of Darcy and Elizabeth's life that picks up right after they get married.

If you are an Austen purist, you probably won't like it. It is a bodice ripper in every sense of the word. And I love it - all 476 satisfying pages. I got the huge book and about passed out in sheer joy after I found out I liked it. It's hard for me to find a book that lasts me more than a few days.

Warning: If you are offended by the idea of Darcy and Elizabeth sex scenes, avoid this one. Don't get me wrong, it has some great sub plots too. It's not all about the sex. But it is a lot about the sex.

And also I love the sequel to the sequel Darcy & Elizabeth, Nights and Days at Pemberley. More sex, more good subplots. Even a few more pages.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! I MUST find those books immediately! Gah, I have to go pay my library fines tomorrow so I can request those titles if available.