Thursday, September 27, 2007

Missouri Writer's Guild and Springfield Writer's Guild Contest Deadlines Soon

Just a reminder, entries to both the Missouri Writer's Guild Winter Contest and the Springfield Writer's Guild Contest must be postmarked by October 1st.

Both contests accept fiction, non-fiction, and poetry entries, so you have to have something you can send, right? You can't win if you don't enter... I've heard that somewhere before.

Of course, entering contests can get to be expensive. The Springfield Contest is really reasonable at $1 & $2 entry fees, and even the $5 at the Missouri Writer's Guild isn't bad. I usually stick to contests I'm familiar with, so I know they are reputable. Some contests are as legit as the latest capital hill lobbyist headed to jail. So let's be careful out there, people. (Ancient television reference dating me horribly)

No comments: