This flyer on the contest is from Lee Ann Russell, President. I am guessing you make checks out to SWG. There is an email address at the bottom if you have questions. There are two different (and very low) entry fees. Be sure to read carefully.
Springfield Writers’ Guild
14TH ANNUAL LITERARY AWARDS
JIM STONE GRAND PRIZE MEMORIAL AWARDS
#1. POETRY any subject, any form Limit 1 Page, Single space
#2. FICTION any subject Limit 1,500 words, Double space
#3. NONFICTION any subject Limit 1,500 words, Double space
$2 ENTRY FEE FOR CATAGORIES #1 THROUGH #3
1st PLACE -- $100 TWO HONORABLE MENTIONS
All winners receive certificates.
(LIMIT OF 1,000 WORDS PER ENTRY) (LIMIT OF ONE SINGLE-SPACED PAGE)
#5. Short Story-Any Genre
#7. Humor-Any subject
#8. Essay or Opinion Piece
#9. RHYMING—ANY SUBJECT OR ANY FORM
#10. COMIC VERSE—ANY FORM
#11. FREE VERSE—ANY SUBJECT
#12. HAIKU—TRADITIONAL(5-7-5, Nature Theme)
$1 ENTRY FEE FOR CATAGORIES #4 THROUGH #12
$ AWARDS FOR CATEGORIES #4 THROUGH #12 $
$20-FIRST PLACE *** $10-SECOND PLACE *** $5-THIRD PLACE****
1 HONORABLE MENTION
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES
1. All entries must be the original, unpublished work of the contestant.
2. Do not enter the same prose or poetry in more than one category.
3. All manuscripts must be typed on 8 ½ x 11 paper in standard manuscript form. Double- spaced prose and single–space poetry. All entries must have a titled except the haiku.
4. Place the category name and number, plus the number of words for prose, in the upper left corner of each entry. List the poetry form where applicable.
5. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE ENTRY. Include a cover sheet for each entry. On the cover sheet, place the category name and number, title, the first line of the manuscript or poem, and your name, address, phone number and e-mail.
6. Keep all originals; no copies will be returned. No entries/winners will be published.
7. Winners will be announced and awards given at the October, 2007, regular SWG meeting or mailed to those unable to attend.
8. DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2007. SWG is not responsible for lost, misdirected, or postage-due entries.
9. For a list of winners, please include a SASE with your entry.
10. No limit on entries per category. However, no entrant may win more than one award per category entered, regardless of the number of entries.
MAIL CONTEST FEES AND ENTRIES TO
M J Becco, SWG Contest
3025 N East Ave
Springfield, MO 65803
OR SWG website: www.swgsite.org