1. Entries are to be 2000 word with a 10% leeway. For instance, as a writer, if necessary, you can go over the word limit by 200 words. However, remember the tighter you write the better.
2. Entries can include creative nonfiction or fictional works about anything that relates to a body of water such as a river, creek, tributary or canal.
3. Manuscripts should look professional as if being submitted to a publisher. All entries need to be double spaced, 12pt font Times New Roman or Courier New. Entries must be unpublished. Title and page number must be located at the upper left hand corner of each page.
4. The WSJC entry fee is $5.00 and materials submitted for the contest will not be returned.
5. Entry period/deadline: Submissions for the WSJC Riverside Stories Contest must be postmarked between January 1 and March 15, 2008. Entries will not be accepted before January 1, 2008.
6. The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript. Include a title page with name, address, telephone number, email address, word count and title of submission. Your check is not to be submitted with your entry [SEE BELOW]
7. Write down ALL categories you are entering on an index card with the title of your submissions, the categories and your name.
8. Remit Entry Fees by check or money order, payable to the Missouri Writers' Guild in the total amount for all entries submitted.
9. For example, if you submit one entry WSJC Riverside Stories Contest, you will submit your index card along with $5.00 to Margo Balinski Missouri Writers’ Guild President 209 N. Jefferson St. Mahomet, IL 61853.
10. Submit your entries to Doris Mueller, 4 East Lakewood Dr Fenton, MO 63026
11. Prizes: First place $25.00, Second Place $15.00, Third Place $10.00 awarded with certificates at the Missouri Writers Guild in April. See www.mwg.org for more information about the conference and the contests the guild is offering.
12. Contact Person: Dorry Catherine Pease firstname.lastname@example.org [Place Contest in the subject line to avoid my spam]