Monday, August 20, 2007

School is In! Time to Plan Writing Goals

I love my children. Really, I do. But today is the first day of school, and I'm cranking up the rock n roll and air guitaring around my house. The hubby is gone, the kids are gone, and the computer is mine.

After I get a brillo pad and scrub the child goo off the keyboard, I'm going to take a look at Christina Katz's 12 Ways to Take Your Writing Career to the Next Level (that don't involve writing). Just click on WM Blog link and you'll find the article.

I especially like number 11 - Create a reprint file. I adore thinking about more potential profits from work I've already sweated blood for and published. So I'm making that file of articles for this time next year before copies get lost in the paper shuffle. She suggests reading "One Article, Many Checks" by Kelly James-Enger for tips on how to get started.

Now you'll have to 'Scuze me while I Kiss the Sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia! I'm glad you sent off the kids. I've got 2 weeks left - my girl starts first grade in a new school so I'm a little nervous. We meet her teacher and attend new student orientation on Monday. Oh those first days of school!!!

zeldadg said...

I know what you mean about being nervous. Even though my son is eleven, he does not like change. I've been holding my breath hoping he adjusts to middle school. So far, so good.