Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekend Writing Marathon

The kids are gone for the next 5 days. There is no Memorial Day/Mother's day/Father's Day/Arbor Day/Family Birthday that I must attend this weekend. No! You may not come over. My lawn is mowed. My fridge is full. The cats have been fed and restrained with duct tape. Holy schmoley, Batman. I have no excuse not to get my wordy on. God help me.

I have schitzophrenically changed books again, done 1,436 words, and read wondertabulous blogs on self-publishing including this one that referred me to this absolutely scary, funny and incredamazing one who's title I cannot mention (mom, don't click on that one). It has me sinking to the depths of despair, down into the muddy muck of the river bed and digging my little toes in hard in fear that it might be me - jumping the gun. Diving in too soon. Oh wait. I have to actually finish the book first. What am I doing here talking to you people?

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Tricia....loved this! BUT, I did kind of the same thing earlier this week...hoping and expecting writerly words to flow magically from my fingertips to my laptop...I failed terribly. I wish you much luck, good karma...whatever! I hope you are successful...and really...come on over to SW meeting, too! :D

zeldadg said...

Still gonna have to pass, but I was tempted :)

And I don't think any writerly words are flowing magically from my fingertips. It's your basic shitty first draft, but you have to start somewhere.

Night.