Thursday, November 20, 2008

Free Christmas Gifts for Writers

Golden Christmas by krisdekurtis Creative Commons
Feeling a little destitue as a struggling writer? Collect these freebies and you'll be feeling richer in no time.

1. A pen for those random bursts of genius.

2. Free Entry in Hallmark's "Your Parenthood Contest." Deadline December 7, 2008.

3. Free ebooks. To go with the ereader you're hoping to get for Christmas.

4. Free postage and digital scale at the post office for sending out all those query letters.

5. Free coffee for when you need something to throw at the wall.

6. Free tea for the calmer, more benevelant essays.

7. Free snack for the munchies.

Some annoying surveys may apply. Don't sign up if you don't want junk mail. I, however, have recently begun collecting all the coupons on planet earth, so it's all good for me.

Or if you're looking for stuff to actually buy, check out my Top Ten Christmas Gifts for Writers list from last year.

8 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

What's not to love about "free"?
I'll check it out!

Tricia Sanders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Sanders said...

I love my postage meter. I know I'm weird, but it saves trip to the post office. And when the rates go up (and you know they will) you can print off a new rate sheet.
(deleted the earlier one cause I can't spell. Don't go judgin' me.)

zeldadg said...

Great. Hope you like the stuff K9friend.

Writer Chick! You have one! Cool. Yeah, I'm getting spoiled by all the do it at home stuff. Did you hear about ordering pizza through Tivo?

This is a dangerous trend for us introverts.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Did you say, "Free stuff"? Now you're talking.
Donna

Tricia Sanders said...

Unless Tivo delivers it through the screen, it won't do me any good. No on will deliver out to the boonies.

Marketing 260 said...

Haha. This is great! I love how simple and helpful ideas like this can still occur in our complex world.

zeldadg said...

Glad you liked it, Writer's Critic. Hopefully I haven't burned through my helpful ideas for the rest of the year.