Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Nick's Pumpkin and Tessa's Pumpkin by Tricia Grissom
You know, when I was a kid we took the biggest butcher knife in the house and tried not to cut off digits as we stabbed a triangle for the eyes and nose, and hacked out a mouth as best we could.

Now my kids are pumpkin artists with specialized tools. I have to say it's a big improvement.

If you want to see some funny, gross, creative pumpkins, check out ExtremePumpkins.com. Also, the website's creator Tom Nardone traces his experience publishing his pumpkin carving book. Let's all live vicariously through Tom! Plus he wrote his second book, Extreme Pumpkins II: Take Back Halloween and Freak Out a Few More Neighbors for 2008. I must get a copy to prepare for next year's pumpkin carnage.

4 comments:

Tricia Sanders said...

Kudos to the kiddos. Awesome jobs. Makes my own attempt look like something from Kindergarten art class.

My, my kids have progressed these days. Not only can they program the DVD/DVR/blueray thingie, but now they have surgical skills with squash.

Could I hire them to download a ringtone for me :)


Thanks for sharing.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Tricia,
Awesome jack-o-lanterns. Your teens are very talented and creative. Looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree (or in this case the pumpkin didn't roll too far from the vine.)
Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh it was a good Halloween season!

zeldadg said...

Thanks, everyone.

My kids are geniuses if I do say so myself :)

Oh and nice alliteration Trica Sanders. Donna and rollercoaster teacher, I hope your kids had as much fun as mine did.