Here is Donna's email with the September schedule for Coffee and Critique. Most of you have seen it, but I'm posting it so you can look it up if you forget, like I do. From Donna:
First, here's the Coffee and Critique schedule for this month:
1st and 3rd Tuesdays - Sep 2 and 16 - morning group 10 a.m. to noon.
2nd and 4th Tuesdays - Sep 9 and 23 - evening group 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
5th Tuesday - Sep 30 - Time to write. (No meeting)
Dear Members of Coffee and Critique,
With today being Labor Day and now that the summer is officially over, guess we all will be getting back to work.
A quick thank you to everyone who continues to come to C&C, and a welcome to all our new members in both sessions. Because we have several new or returning members, and in the spirit of back-to-work/writing/school/critique (take your pick), I thought now would be a good time to bring up a few housekeeping matters.
Now for some reminders:
* Double space your work and bring at least five copies if you plan to read. We can share if there's a big crowd, but five is the minimum number of copies that works comfortably.
* Please write your comments on the copies and critique when it's your turn.
* Keep the critiques to the writing.
* Avoid having side conversations while someone is reading or critiquing.
* If you are being critiqued, you don't have to respond to each comment or suggestion unless someone asks a specific question or you are unsure about the comment or suggestion.
* If you arrive late, need to use the restroom or have to leave early, that's fine, please do so quietly.
* After critique group some of us go to a local restaurant, where we discuss writing and other good stuff. If you want to join us, feel free.
Recently I've received e-mails from some who took the summer off from critique group but plan to get back in the swing of things this month. Yea and welcome back!
A few new members also e-mailed Lou and me with kind words about the feedback and encouragement they've received from our group and how it has already affected their writing. Yea again and keep on writing!
Some have also e-mailed with questions about the business of writing, so at the beginning of our Sep 2 and Sep 9 meetings Lou and I will have some things to share with everyone.
If you have any specific questions you want answered during these meetings, please e-mail me or Lou at the above addresses.
Hope to see you tomorrow morning or later this month.