MISSOURI WRITERS’ GUILD – FLASH FICTION CONTEST
- Flash Fiction – Get to the point in 500 words or less. Subject is open, but no gore or pornography.
- Deadline for entry—submissions must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2010.
3. Entry fee: $10 for non-members, $8 for members (make sure your dues are current.) Maximum of three entries per person.
4. Checks payable to: Missouri Writers’ Guild.
5. Prizes: 1st place - $100, 2nd place - $50, 3rd place - $25. Three honorable mentions will receive certificates.
6. Short stories must be in English, unpublished at the time of submission, and original work of the contestant.
7. Contestants retain all rights to their stories. Standard manuscript format: 8 1/2 x 11 paper, typed and double-spaced on one side of the paper, pages numbered, title of entry on every page, 12 point Times New Roman. Paper clip pages together. Contestants name or other identifying information should not appear anywhere on manuscript.
8. Attach a separate cover sheet and include: story title, contestant’s name, address, e-mail, phone number, and MWG chapter name (if applicable). Do NOT send by certified mail!
9. Mail entry fee and two copies of each entry, flat, not folded, by September 30 (postmark) to:
Tricia L. Sanders
Missouri Writers’ Guild – Flash Fiction Contest
90 Westwood Trails
Foristell, MO 63348
10. Stories exceeding word limit, not having adequate postage, or not adhering to contest guidelines will be disqualified and entry fee will not be returned. Decision of judge is final. Not responsible for lost or misdirected entries. Stories will not be returned. For a list of winners, visit our website in late October 2010: www.missouriwritersguild.org Certificates and prizes will be mailed by the end of October.